Things to Do
There are many places in Guangzhou that showcase the city’s fascinating history and natural beauty.
In addition to dramatic nature scenes you will find various temples, museums and other landmarks dedicated to the role Guangzhou has played in China’s history. These include:
- Baiyun Shan (White Cloud Mountain)
- Huanghua Gang Commemoration Park
- Guangdong Revolutions History Museum
- Guangxiao Temple
- Guangzhou Martyrs’ Memorial Garden
- Guangzhou Uprising Museum
- Sanyuan Temple
- Temple of the Six Banyan Trees (Liurong Temple)
- Temple of the Five Immortals (Wu Xian Guan Temple)
- Xiguan Residence
Canton Tower was specially constructed for the Guangzhou Asian Games in 2010. Standing at 604 meters, it is China’s second-tallest built structure after the 632-meter tall Shanghai Tower. The uniquely designed Canton Tower has restaurants, observation decks and skywalks with public access.
Chimelong Tourist Resort
Encompassing several theme parks, a circus, two zoos and three hotels, the Chimelong Tourist Resort in Guangzhou promises fun for the whole family. Visitors can whiz around on water slides in the water park or get up close and personal with giraffes and elephants in the safari park. Chimelong Resort also has a location in Zhuhai, which is home to the world’s largest aquarium.